Monday, November 03, 2008

The Itchy Bitchies

A few years ago my young neighbor girl (she might have been about 4 at the time) made a slip and instead of saying "creepy crawlies" said she had the "Itchy Bitchies"

I know what she means. I've got a screamin case of the "Itchy Bitchies" myself.

I should explain.

I am now 36 weeks pregnant. With Murph, at the end of my pregnancy I started getting itchy skin. It was mostly on my hands and feet, which I've read is a common pregnancy "symptom". I was able to treat it with a little Benedryl cream and was good to go. At the very end, actually in the hospital while delivering him, the itching got REALLY bad. It was so bad that I ruptured blood vessels in my legs while scratching. So bad that I begged for the Benedryl with almost the same fervor that I begged for the good drugs!

Almost

This time around, the itching has crept up much earlier, and with much more intensity.

I'm miserable. My hands and feet are nearly tolerable, but everything else is itching like CRAZY! I have sensitive skin to start, so I haven't changed anything. No new soaps, or creams, or detergents. This is ALL baby!

I'm Itchy. And it makes me, well, I'll admit. It makes me BITCHY!

Fine. It makes me Bitchy-ER!

My arms, legs, stomach, hell my EARS itch. Gold Bond is now my constant companion. I wake up to "dose up" I've even contemplated putting Gold Bond on a Q-Tip just to get inside my ears to stop the itching there. The Chief has quickly learned that he can win any argument with a simple back scratch.

If I didn't feel so repulsive these days I would probably count that as foreplay.

4 more weeks. Sure I'm most excited to meet little Turk, but I'm definitely excited to meet little Turk and go into Itchy Bitchy remission!

No comments: