Monday, November 03, 2008

NOT Nesting

We should be clear. I am NOT nesting. Yes, I am suddenly a bit consumed with getting things done around the house in preparation for the new baby, but that is NOT nesting.

I'm more like one of those birds who instead of building thier own nest, would happily just use some other birds nest for my little one. I'm very ANTI-nesting. Mostly because people seem to think you nest and then give birth shortly after. I repeat, I am NOT nesting

It's all about timing you see.

This baby has a VERY good chance of being born before the Thanksgiving Holiday. That means that there is a good chance that we might have a housefull of family for the holiday. Family that will look at my house and see the cobweb farm we've cultivated, and notice the stack of junk on the counter.

In other words, my mom and dad. My mom was a life saver when Murph was born. Chiefy had a major inspection at work and couldn't be home with us much more than to sleep and shower. But I once caught her on all fours scrubbing my kitchen floor.

I can't relax when she's scrubbing the floor.

And my dad? Well "Big Murph" is a man who notices all, and waits until you least expect it to let you know just what all he saw.

I don't need that kind of pressure.

I'm NOT nesting. I'm just afraid of still getting grounded for a messy room!

1 comment:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Hope you're sufficiently anti-Nested by now. Happy Thanksgiving.