Thursday, July 17, 2008

Going Home

It's always nice to go "home" for a bit. The Chief, Eldest, Deuce, Murph and I all went to visit family and friends for a couple of weeks. With the cost of gas, it's about all the vacation we might get, but we enjoy it none the less. The boys would live there I think if we would let them. Lots and lots to do at G-Ma's and G-Pa's house. Not to mention the fact that they can do no wrong there.

I happened to run into an old friend while we were there at the gas station (where my left kidney was removed to pay for the trip). Someone that I used to teach with in my home town. My last year there he moved up to an administrator's role, and is now the admin guy at the school.

He basically told me that when we are ready to move back home just to give him a call a little in advance and there will be a job waiting for me. "You can do a lot with adding sections when you want to". Which is teacher talk for I can make the classes smaller to have more of them so that you can get a job here. How awesome was that? It's nice to know that I have friend's and co-workers who think that much of me. Makes is sound like when the time is right, we really will be able to go home.

3 comments:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Awesome news!

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Very cool.

XOXO said...

Ah small towns with big connections. I love it.